Friday, February 11, 2005

Step Away From the Computer

Have you ever done something so stupid you almost thought you could feel your brain shrinking? There are times in all of our lives where we need to realize we are not going to 'make the team' and just toss in the towel.


A lady called tech support for help with her printer. The Technician had to gather some basic info about her PC and told her to Right click on 'My Computer'. This took an ungodly amount of time, finally a simple click and they continue. He then tells her to click on 'properties'. Once again it takes a few minutes. By now our tech has figured out that something is drastically wrong.


Tech: Um... I noticed you are having problems with your mouse...


Lady: Yah, they're real hard to use when they are on the floor like that...


Tech: On the floor? Why is it on the floor?


Lady: Aren't you supposed to use it like a sewing peddle?...


Needless to say it was a long call and a genuine encounter with a Technotard.

8 comments:

deanneboo75 said...

rotf..ahh..i needed that...sadly i knew people that made that lady smart....keep em coming.. i love reading about tards...

Kak Teh said...

thanks for visiting my site..and LOL, that lady could've been me!

Aaron Bynum said...

N.M.,
You can mark your territory over at urbandictionary.com. THere is currently no entry for "technotard."

RG said...

LOL! This funny.

Aimee said...

LOL! are you serious? good Lord that's disturbing. I work at a cake and candy supply place and i had a lady ask me "can i transport my cake if i tied it to the roof of my car?" I just looked at her. I couldn't speak for a good 20 seconds.

The Cure said...

Yah thats the lady, she sounded old and kinda had this vague look on her face that said "I have no Idea". Wow she gets around.
Ok seriously, thats funny.

N said...

lol! I wonder what she did with the keyboard...

Aimee said...

Funny, yes, but i can't laugh at customers until they leave. I've gotten some VERY dumb questions from people. It's amazing.